Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day...a week late

Yes, I know Mother's day was last Sunday. Better late than never, right?

For Mother's day, my mom drove to see us. It was kind of a last minute idea but I am really glad she came. She met us at church here in "boring-ville." Parker did not know she was coming and was literally beside himself when he saw her in the parking lot. He couldn't get out of his carseat quick enough. He was laughing, giggling and saying, "nana! nana! nanaaaa!"

This boy, loves his Nana.

But, who wouldn't? My mom usually bears toys, kisses, hugs, and oodles of playtime. My mom doesn't buy those boring kind of toys..she buys the fun toys that kids REALLY love. My mom isn't afraid to be loud with Parker..running around the house playing chase, having a screaming contest, or playing hide and seek. My mom comes with spongebob fruit gummies, gum, and will usually buy him pizza. So, really, who wouldn't want to be a Nana's boy or girl?

After church, we go to wal mart and the park at Bradley's work. We go out for lunch. We come to our house and Parker plays with his Nana for a little bit, but then it's time for a nap. He does NOT want to nap. I know. I felt horrible for making him go to sleep. He just wanted to play with his Nana. After a few minutes of crying, he was out.

My mom was a great mom to my brothers and I. She is an even better Nana. She is so in tune with Parker and always puts his needs first. She understands that riding in the car with a 2 year old is A LOT to ask and she never demands that we come to see her. She understands that plans don't always come out the way we would like...especially with a 2 year old. She is always flexible with scheduling and really, she doesn't care what we do as long as she's with Parker.

When Bradley was traveling so much last year with work, my mom was so helpful. If I needed her to watch Parker so I could go to work, she always did. She never demanded that she watch Parker at her house because she understood that it was a lot of extra work to travel with Parker. She was always happy to help and always kept Parker's needs at the top of her list. I am not sure how I would have gotten along during that time if I didn't have my mom's help.

It's always fun to watch my mom and Parker play. She isn't afraid to get on the floor and play. She isn't afraid to get dirty or messy. I love that she's such a great Nana. She was definately born to be one.

Parker picked out a really nice candle for me and Bradley got me a funny card. My mom took me to lunch. And, Bradley's sweet Meme send me a Mother's day card. I got a text message from my brother and a phone call from my dad. It was a great day.
I love being Parker's mom. It is the best and I am SO fortunate that I get to stay at home with him. I love playing with him and watching him grow up.

Happy belated Mother's day to my mom! I love you

1 comment:

  1. Happy late mother's day to you! Your post brought tears to my eyes b/c I know how special your mom is! I have such special memories of coming to visit you and felt like your mom was one of my 2nd moms! ;)
    I have no doubt she's an excellent nana! Such a special relationship b/t our kids and our parents - that's one of the things that makes me the saddest about my parents moving - my new baby won't know my parents quite the same way Ava does! I know it makes you sad to be separtaed too!

    ReplyDelete